NEW YORK -- Industry sources confirmed in late September that Reuters is in "serious negotiations" to acquire TradeWeb, the online fixed-income trading platform set up in 1998. The information giant is negotiating the final price and securing post-acquisition commitments from those brokers who have backed TradeWeb over the years, said the sources.
As HF&IT went to press, neither company had confirmed or denied speculation concerning the merger, a move that many consider crucial if Reuters is
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II