NEW YORK -- Industry sources confirmed in late September that Reuters is in "serious negotiations" to acquire TradeWeb, the online fixed-income trading platform set up in 1998. The information giant is negotiating the final price and securing post-acquisition commitments from those brokers who have backed TradeWeb over the years, said the sources.
As HF&IT went to press, neither company had confirmed or denied speculation concerning the merger, a move that many consider crucial if Reuters is
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground