A group of US broker/dealers and investment institutions, led by Salomon Brothers and Fidelity Capital Markets, are lobbying their European counterparts to promote the Financial Information Exchange (FIX) messaging protocol. They also want to expand the protocol beyond its equities origins into other trading areas, including foreign exchange.
In the US, the FIX Executive Committee consists of representatives of Salomon and Fidelity, along with Morgan Stanley, CS First Boston, PaineWebber,
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain