Malvern, Penn.-based GPMC--the former Premier Solutions now a unit of Sungard Data Systems--has finally found a buyer for its Maximis portfolio management and accounting system: computer giant Unisys. GPMC and Unisys closed the deal last week for an undisclosed amount.
Though Premier made some headway with the Maximis product since acquiring it from Dallas-based Texas Instruments in 1994 (IMT, Oct. 14, 1994), the vendor never turned a profit with the system. Then, when Sungard Data Systems
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain