LONDON – Algorithmic trading software providers have refuted claims by the London Stock Exchange (LSE) that algorithmic traders can exacerbate volatility in times of market stress, a belief that led the LSE to compel algorithmic traders to switch off their systems in the wake of the London terrorist attacks on July 7.
Shortly after the attacks the LSE enacted 'fast market' rules, says Catherine Mattison, LSE spokesperson, requiring all systematic program trading to be switched off between 11
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain