Stein Roe & Farnham Inc. is evaluating portfolio management systems to service 50 portfolio management positions in its Capital Management Group. The system, which will run on an IBM RS/6000 server currently being implemented at the firm, will also be accessed by 70 staffers in Stein Roe's mutual fund and investment advisor divisions.
The firm plans to begin piloting a new system by the end of February. Included in the evaluations are Data Exchange Inc.'s DX/V, SunGard Financial Systems Inc.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground