Charles Schwab has announced its intent to acquire retail online brokerage services provider optionsXpress, a 10-year old Chicago-based firm focusing on the equity options and futures markets.
Walt Bettinger, president and CEO of Schwab, says the reason for the purchase is that his firm's clients "are increasingly using options and other trading strategies as a key part of their total approach to investing."
Whereas optionsXpress' clients will be able to tap into Schwab's array of products and s
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming