London-based independent technology analyst firm Ovum believes IT spending by capital markets firms will rise to almost $90 billion by 2015, driven by strong growth in the Asia-Pacific region and what it calls a "bounce-back" in the hedge fund sector.
In a new forecast, Financial Markets Technology Spending Through 2015, Ovum finds that Asia-Pacific will see some of the strongest growth in financial markets IT spending, as global companies continue to transfer power to the region due to its grow
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech