Aimed at accessing opening auction liquidity while maintaining price stability.
ITG has announced the release of its new Dynamic Open algorithm.
The algorithm allows traders to employ intelligent trading strategies in the NYSE and NASDAQ opening auctions, while minimizing potential price impact from over-participation. It uses processes specific to each market by employing information from the real-time imbalance feeds.
"The uncertainties and complexity of the opening auctions have made some traders reluctant to use the open," says Jeff Bacidore, managing director and head of algorithmic trading at ITG. "ITG Dynamic Open Algorithm provides a powerful tool to tap the liquidity available in the auctions, reducing tracking errors and minimizing implementation shortfall."
The Dynamic Open algorithm, and ITG's other algorithmic offerings, are available through its Triton execution management system and via FIX connection from third-party systems.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech