New software provides enhanced transaction cost analysis in fixed income markets.
MarketAxess, an operator of electronic trading platforms, has launched a new proprietary approach for transaction cost analysis (TCA) in fixed income markets.
REXIQ measures transaction costs in less-than-liquid corporate bond markets. Its launch follows the release of research from MarketAxess on data from the US Financial Industry Regulatory Authority's (FINRA) TRACE engine, which concluded that there are material reductions in trading costs for users of electronic tools that source liquidity from a greater number of counterparties.
"Forthcoming regulatory changes are placing increased scrutiny on transparency of execution in the over-the-counter markets," says Rick McVey, Chairman and CEO of MarketAxess. "Electronic trading helps address the stated goals of this regulation ─ to create more open, transparent and competitive over-the-counter markets ─ and drive trading efficiencies."
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership