Among other things, the Brazilian broker will use it for algorithmic trading and risk management.
Brazilian asset manager Nest Investimentos has deployed StreamBase complex event processing (CEP) for algorithmic trading, order routing, risk management, market data management and pricing analytics. It is also using StreamBase CEP as the underlying platform for its real-time trading infrastructure, connecting to BM&FBOVESPA to trade equities, futures and derivatives.
"By choosing StreamBase CEP, Nest is able to retain the flexibility of in-house development, and still realize the accelerated time-to-market of a black-box solution at a fraction of the cost and time," says Luis Fonseca, CEO and partner at Nest Investimentos. "Our developers love that they can extend StreamBase to include their existing Java and MatLab code, and avoid re-writing entire systems. This allows us to bring in a new platform and keep what works but on a platform which is designed for low-latency trading and rock solid."
Last week, Chinese broker-dealer Guangfa Securities announced that it is building out a StreamBase CEP-based trading system that includes rapid pairs trading and order execution algorithms.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit