SunGard says that Davy, an Irish financial services firm, will implement its Protegent Market Abuse solution, to provide surveillance across equity and bond trading operations.
The solution provides the Dublin-based wealth manager graphic visualizations of market events and news, with configurable rules and a reports library to ensure compliance with relevant market abuse regulations, including the European Commission's Market Abuse Directive, ESMA controls for automated trading, and selected MiFID rules.
"It is vital to display corporate responsibility and identify potential market abuse. SunGard's Protegent solution provides the flexibility and functionality that we need to help manage the increasing regulatory requirements to perform timely and exhaustive market abuse surveillance," notes Ger Knowles, head of regulations and compliance at Davy.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act