Investment mamangement software provider Advent has announced it will launch a new interest rate swaps (IRS) package for its Syncova platform.
The package will include collateral management tools to help firms better control and automate their response to challenges posed by central counterparty and derivatives clearing members (DCM) in new Dodd-Frank and European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) environments governing IRS trading.
The enhanced control comes through what-if calculations, which determine which clearing venue provides optimal margins. The solution will also help independently validate counterparty margin calculations using individual clearing houses' methodologies.
"We see opportunity for our clients to improve operations while addressing regulatory mandates. The new capabilities within Syncova will help firms be compliant with these regulations and manage their collateral more effectively while putting them in a stronger position to leverage the new transparency and competition among CCPs for the long-term," says Liam Huxley, vice president of business development at Advent.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech