Chicago-based proprietary trading shop Sun Trading will use Kx Systems' kdb+ for time series analysis and real-time capture of quantitative trading data.
The wider partnership comes as Sun, a client of Kx Systems since 2008, seeks to grow its cross-asset trading activity and more rapidly deploy new high-speed trading strategies, particularly in electronic futures, options, and foreign exchange (FX). The firm will implement kdb+ at its home office in Chicago as well as in London.
"As a long-time user of the Kx database, we have been consistently pleased with how the real-time analytics and speed of the platform has allowed us to quickly bring trading ideas to the market. We will use the Kx technology to address our growing research and analysis needs as we continue to diversify across multiple asset classes and markets. Kx's ability to work with us to evaluate a complete solution gave us the confidence to expand our relationship," says Kurt Lingel, CIO at Sun Trading.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit