IMS Group and HedgeOp Compliance, the buy-side consultancies which merged last year, have opened a Hong Kong office under the name, IMS HedgeOp.
The office, their first in Asia, will provide clients with training and software in areas such as web-based compliance and due diligence.
Jonathan Currie, former head of IMS Group's regulatory transactions team in London, will lead operations in Hong Kong.
"As with everything we do, our expansion into the Asian markets is in response to customer demand," he says. "Establishing a first local presence in Asia enables our group to better serve our clients, allowing them to maximize opportunities while substantially minimizing the risk of financial and reputational loss associated through a regulatory breach."
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming