On a late panel yesterday, moderated by Deutsche Bank's market structure director, Stephen McGoldrick, panelists said that the rapidity and nature of modern markets, and the styles of trading that are evolving, made it difficult to subsume responsibility for oversight to a single entity. Instead, said the speakers, who included representatives from cash-equities central counterparty (CCP) EMCF, EuroTLX and Finance Watch, a broad range of market actors should assume responsibility.
"The level of
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling