The fixed income investment firm has hired Matthew Martines as new managing director for its municipal trading and electronic market-making units.
Martines, a 15 year veteran of fixed-income trading who was most recently at Morgan Stanley, joins Paul Sitarz and trader Josh Rosenblum among others on Brownstone's growing muni team, which works with broker-dealers and banks, funds, and registered investment advisors across a range of fixed-income and high-yield, investment grade, and distressed debt products. The team operates out of New York as well as Brownstone's newly-opened office in San Francisco.
"By bringing on Matt to enhance our services to our dealer customers, while our institutional team continues to grow, Brownstone will be able to offer an unparalleled level of service within the municipal field, and across other asset classes," says Douglas Lowey, the firm's president and CEO.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse