Institutional trading network Liquidnet has expanded its market surveillance team in Europe with the appointment of Christopher Wall as head of market surveillance in Europe and David Stockwell as market surveillance specialist.
Based in London, Wall will be responsible for ensuring compliance with European regulations and for maintaining Liquidity Watch, Liquidnet's surveillance system. He will report directly to Anna-Maria De La Roche, European head of compliance and regulation.
Wall joins Liquidnet from Newedge, where he was senior compliance officer, prior to which he worked as a business analyst for the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Stockwell will be in charge of monitoring participants' trading activity on the network, investigating and alerting cases of potential market abuse to the regulator.
Prior joining Liquidnet, Stockwell was an equities trader at Société Générale and before that he had stints at Wood Street Capital and ABN Amro.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II