Rob Casper, previously a managing director at Morgan Stanley, has been hired by GE Capital as its chief data officer
Rob Casper has joined GE Capital as its chief data officer. Casper's responsibilities in the role will include building an enterprise-wide framework for data management.
That work involves defining the firm's data strategy concerning products, customers, suppliers and counterparties, according to the firm. Casper will also set data quality standards and manage data lineage and data governance protocols.
Previously, Casper served as a managing director at Morgan Stanley for more than 20 years.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech