Eurex and the Global Markets Exchange Group (GMEX) have reached an agreement over the former licensing the latter's constant maturity future (CMF) for trading via Eurex's Multilateral Trade Registration (MTR) service.
Under the terms of the agreement, the product will clear on Eurex Clear. Trades in the product will be arranged through GMEX's platform, and executed at Eurex. GMEX has already been granted approval for the arrangement from the UK Financial Conduct Authority, and Eurex is awaiting its own approvals. The platform is ready for end-to-end testing during the waiting period.
"We continue to make very good progress with our launch and this new licensing arrangement with Eurex provides firms with a well-established mechanism to trade and clear our CMF contracts. We are getting very strong support from the trading community, particularly the buy side," says Hirander Misra, CEO of GMEX Group.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit