Digital Asset Holdings, which develops distributed ledger technologies for the financial services industry, has added Sallie Krawcheck to its board of directors.
Krawcheck was formerly the CEO of Bank of America Wealth Management, which includes Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and US Trust. Prior to that, she was the CEO and chair of Citi Global Wealth Management, responsible for Smith Barney, Citi Private Bank and Citi Investment Research. She also served as the chief financial officer of Citi, as well.
Krawcheck is currently the CEO and co-founder of Ellevest, a digital investment platform for women to be launched in 2016, according to a release. She is also the chair of Ellevate Network, and chair of the Pax Ellevate Global Women's Index Fund, which invests in the top-rated companies in the world for advancing women.
"Distributed ledger technology presents a once in a generation opportunity to strengthen the financial services as a whole," said Krawcheck in a release. "Digital Asset sits at the apex of finance and technology, uniquely positioning them to realize the promise of this new innovation, and I'm delighted to be able to contribute to the firm's next phase of success."
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit