A large pair of boxing gloves seems an unlikely prop for a well-known industry figure to hold up at the start of a conference presentation. But that's exactly what Chi-X boss Peter Randall was brandishing when he took to the podium at TradeTech, the annual electronic trading summit held in Paris in late April. "The gloves are coming off," said Randall as he reported the progress his alternative trading venue has made since it opened for business in March 2007.
On or off, it was those gloves -
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling