According to mutual and hedge fund research provider TrimTabs Investment Research, the hedge fund industry lost roughly five per cent ($43 billion) of its $2 trillion assets in September due to investor redemptions. Combined with the impact of such a harsh market environment on investment performance and an ongoing SEC ban on financial sector short-selling, investor withdrawals have set up the hedge fund industry for a battering of unprecedented force.
As in the late summer of 2007 when funds
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership