For decades, buy-side firms have had to rely on the sell side for the high-priced tools they need to underpin just about every business process that constitutes their day-to-day operations; everything from order management systems to large servers came courtesy of their 'better off' and more decked-out counterparts on the sell side. In exchange for the buy side's business, nothing was too good for the broker-dealers.
This imbalance has changed somewhat thanks to more affordable hardware and b
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit