Richard Keyes, senior tax director at PFPC Inc, offers a check list for compliance with US tax restrictions on repurchasing securities within 30 days of selling them.
In today’s high-volume markets, investors and mutual funds buy and sell the same securities repeatedly, often creating what are known as wash sales--and thereby risking unintended or unexpected capital gains distributions, or more serious tax consequences. A wash sale analysis usually requires a tedious, error-prone calculation
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse