For the past several weeks, industry insiders have been hearing whispers that Thomson Financial Services Inc. was poised to acquire the Instant Link trade settlement system from Reuters Holdings PLC. But sources close to the two parties say that the once-nearly done deal now looks likely to fall through.
Officials at both vendors decline to comment on the Instant Link deal. But according to one Thomson source, Thomson has been holding discussions with Reuters on "several topics." Other
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground