NEW YORK--Barclays Capital’s North American trading headquarters are to relocate to the Metropolitan Life Assurance (Met Life) building, where it will be renting 260,000 square feet to house 400 traders and associated support staff.
The bank says the move, expected to take place by mid-2002, is based on Barclays’ desire to be closer to the midtown hub of trading activity. Barclays’ new neighbors will include trading competitors such as Chase Manhattan and Bear Stearns. Currently, Barclays is
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers