In his final orders, the Australian Federal Court judge in Pont Data (Australia) Pty.'s dispute with the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) this month confirmed that the ASX's contracts with data vendors for the supply of its Signal C data feed breached sections of the Trade Practices Act. Justice Wilcox ordered that the offending clauses be excised. The clauses had required payment by Pont of a license fee and delivery to the ASX of Pont's client list.
Signal C is Pont's sole source of bid/ask
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won