IMD: What factors will drive/hamper innovation in the market data industry in 2014?
Murphy: As the enterprise becomes more accepting of the "bring your own device" paradigm, market data providers should look to embrace and extend this to "bring your own market data." Lightweight client installs (e.g. web apps) and HTTP delivery will make this paradigm more amenable to IT management. Individual end-users driving product adoption can only speed up the rate of innovation in the marketplace.
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won