Katkov, who was delivering a presentation last week at the Tokyo Financial Information Summit, said that as a result of this change, market data providers are now having to offer more than just data feeds at the same time that consolidated data feeds become more the norm.
"This focus on low-latency data has driven major market data providers to really provide a low latency [environment]," Katkov said. "It's not just about providing data feeds any more...many of these firms offer some infrastruct
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank