Chicago is about an 800-mile trek from New York City, whereas the trip from Toronto to New York is only 500 miles. But thanks to new microwave technologies, from a trading perspective, the journey to New York is shorter for Chicago firms than Toronto firms.
That is the nature of low-latency trading, said Sean Kersey, head of quantitative trading solutions at Scotiabank. Speaking during a panel discussion at this year's Toronto Trading Architecture Summit, Kersey noted that these technological ch
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming