Panelists agreed that firms can generally benefit from utilities. For example, financial organizations can use utilities to connect the different components of enterprise data management infrastructures, including market data and procurement systems, said Christian Knapp, senior market data analyst at Commerzbank.
In addition, utilities can help firms improve data quality, said Thorsten Klassen, head of financial markets IT at Norddeutsche Landesbank, a Hanover-based commercial bank.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming