"I used to go out and tell people there are no intellectual property rights with market data... there was always a very large intake of breath," said Meredith Gibson, head of global risk at Santander UK. "Essentially, your market data usage is governed entirely by your contracts, so with your market data licenses you need to be very careful about what they say.... You're going to be asked what they say about purposes that five years ago had never been envisioned."
Generally firms will be license
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership