Knott was speaking at a breakfast briefing hosted by Icap and was joined by Greg Schvey, CEO of Axoni, and David Thompson, COO of Traiana.
"It is our job to be agnostic so that we can stay agnostic as an industry to the emerging technologies," Knott said. "It's too early to lock yourself into a bespoke language embedded in an underlying technology. We have to stay agnostic, and rather focus on a business process re-engineering."
Interoperability between systems, Knott said, is important so the i
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming