Sell-Side Technology deputy editor Dan DeFrancesco and WatersTechnology US editor Anthony Malakian record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
With Dan away on vacation, Anthony enlisted the services of his dad, Larry Malakian, to help with the podcast. Larry spent over 40 years building and running data centers for companies like Equitable (now Axa), Cigna and Avon. For the podcast, he discusses the importance of getting a diverse array of feedback when facing a problem (~6:30), his "favorite" outage war story (~15:00), his greatest disaster recovery success (~17:00), his thoughts on his son being a journalist (~23:30), leadership qualities (~26:30) and food etiquette when in Asia (~30:00).
If you have a SoundCloud account, be sure to subscribe to our page. You can find our account here.
We are also on iTunes. Search "WatersTechnology" in the iTunes store to find us and subscribe, or click here.
As is the case with everything we do, we'd love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony or Dan via Twitter or email.
Also, don't forget to follow our social media accounts:
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech