You might not expect English common law, the US Bill of Rights, and Ben Franklin to be evoked in a discussion about algorithmic trading, but that's where CFTC commissioner J. Christopher Giancarlo's argument against Regulation AT ended up.
In a 2–1 vote—with Giancarlo voting no, and chairman Timothy Massad and commissioner Sharon Bowen voting in favor—the CFTC approved the "Supplemental Notice of Proposed Rulemaking—Regulation Automated Trading." The body will now publish the Supplemental Notic
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech