Victor Anderson chats to Bharat Malesha, SmartStream's EVP of Fees and Expense Management, about the seen and hidden costs that typically fall under the fees and expense management umbrella, and the extent to which these costs are understood by capital markets firms.
In this video clip, we discuss what we mean when referring to “fees and expense management” in the financial services industry, and typically what it entails.
We also address the following questions:
- Why is fees and expense management so important to capital markets firms to manage accurately and transparently?
- Are there many “invisible” expenses incurred by capital markets firms, and if so, what are they?
- Is the area of fees and expense management well understood and managed by capital markets firms? If not, why is this?
- What are the key challenges in this space?
- Typically what technologies are available to capital markets firms to assist them when it comes to fees and expense management?
- What aspects of fees and expense management do firms tend to underestimate in terms of complexity and can technology assist in this regard?
James and Anthony talk about the looming Sibos event in Toronto and take a look at some recent M&A activity and blockchain developments in the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails