Sell-Side Technology deputy editor Dan DeFrancesco and WatersTechnology US editor Anthony Malakian record a weekly podcast touching on the biggest stories in financial technology.
Dan talks to Vijay Luthra, global head of infrastructure engineering and operations at Northern Trust, about the disruption of data centers through emerging technologies (2:48). Vijay details some infrastructure projects taking place at Northern (5:23), shares his thoughts on the public cloud (12:42) and explains how the firm balances between being innovative with its data centers while still making sure they are reliable and secure (15:45). He also talks about some of his favorite eateries in Silicon Valley (18:01) and about what he does during his regular trips out west(20:13). Vijay wraps up by giving advice to firms looking to disrupt their own data centers (27:17). Afterwards, Dan and Anthony catch up by discussing their recent vacations (29:13) and the Olympics (31:20).
If you have a SoundCloud account, be sure to subscribe to our page. You can find our account here.
We are also on iTunes. Search "WatersTechnology" in the iTunes store to find us and subscribe, or click here.
As is the case with everything we do, we'd love to get some feedback from our listeners. Feel free to reach out to Anthony or Dan via Twitter or email.
Also, don't forget to follow our social media accounts:
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders