Buy-side firms are placing greater emphasis on performance measurement and attribution as a way to differentiate their services to investors, but are finding that this is accompanied by challenges around managing data and benchmark usage, what frequency of analysis and reporting is appropriate, and how much investors are prepared to pay for this to be part of their mandate.
One of the biggest challenges for asset managers is dealing with “the sheer volume of benchmarks” employed, said Steve Chen
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling