The main market data vendors were last week claiming to have recovered from service outages in Asia-Pacific caused by an undersea earthquake off Taiwan on the morning of Dec. 27 that severed undersea fiber-optic cables, leaving traders across the region without phone or internet access.
The quake, which measured 7.1 on the Richter scale, hit all four of the most important cables that run between Asia and the US, making it impossible to trade or transmit market data between these markets.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit