German market data vendor vwd last week expanded its European presence ahead of plans to become a publicly-listed company, with the acquisition of Swiss vendor Fides Information Systems' market data business from Credit Suisse Group.
The market data operations of Fides, which will be headed by vwd managing director Spencer Bosse, generates over €8 million in annual revenues. Although the parties are not disclosing the value of the deal, the price paid was less than this annual turnover, says
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act