Controversy over how the major credit ratings agencies operate broke out again at a conference hosted by the Bond Market Association earlier this year.
Despite a BMA poll that revealed an overwhelming percentage (82 percent) of the 41 issuers and 51 investors surveyed felt they had a good relationship with the rating agencies, delegates had many complaints, particularly around cost and the lack of competition.
"We have three ratings and have to pay three agencies," said Herman Agneessens, chi
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act