The research market risks polarizing around independent providers and the large sell-side firms that can provide additional services as a result of recent regulations on the use of soft-commission programs to pay for research and data services.
This could potentially squeeze mid-tier sell-side firms and boutique shops out of the market, according to panelists at IMD Europe. As a result, "we are going to see the top 10 getting more of the [trading] business," predicted Denise Valentine, senior
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit