When Warren Phillips, chief executive officer of Dow Jones & Co., said in a letter to Neil Hirsch, president of Telerate Inc., that his company's $18/share tender offer for Telerate shares provided "an exciting opportunity for Telerate's management," he was right. But the excitement Phillips hoped to inspire was not the paroxysm of outrage that has since gripped Telerate's executive suite.
Far from facilitating "even closer and more efficient working relationships in ... the management of th
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming