The United States Patent and Trademark Office recently approved Thomson Financial Services Inc.'s First Call Corp.'s request for a patent for its Research Direct service. It is unclear whether the patent will affect rival research distribution vendor Multex Systems Inc.
Roland Beaulieu, senior executive vice president and chief operating officer of First Call, says Thomson pursued the patent in a firm-wide effort to protect Thomson's "intellectual property." According to Beaulieu, Thomson has
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit