Data ownership and redistribution is a key area of tension between users and vendors, according to panelists in the last session of IMD 2005.
Terence Roche, head of global market data services at HSBC, offered the user’s perspective, noting that many firms contribute data to services that they then have to pay for (as noted in the data ownership panel).
"It can be one of the most emotive issues," adds Phil Lynch, CEO of Reuters America. "Clients are under pressure to add value. Our commercial
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II