Speakers at last week’s XML for Market Data conference, sponsored by the Financial Information Services Division (FISD) of the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), agreed that the industry needs standards to simplify market and reference data processing. However, they also agreed that there are a number of challenges to this goal.
James Hartley, chief technologist at the FISD, said a standard eliminates misunderstandings and misaligned copies of data, permits securities process
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit