Analysts predict only minor fallout for Reuters after a recent decision by German bank Commerzbank to cut 900 investment banking staff. However, both Reuters and Bloomberg are likely to lose positions.
Commerzbank is making the cuts because it is pulling back from international trading operations to focus on its core German market. The bank plans to cut 490 of its 1,275 front-office staff and halve its back-office staff from 800 to 390 over the next few months. In the front office, the bank i
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling