Morgan Stanley has acquired Barra, a risk management technology vendor, in an $816.4 million deal, it was announced last week. The firm plans to combine Barra with index provider Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI), in which it has a majority stake, to create a new company, tentatively named MSCI Barra.
"We want to better serve our client base," says Henry Fernandez, president and CEO of MSCI. "We now offer our clients performance measurement tools [with our indices] and we wanted to
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II