IPUG's new chairman Simon Brain says he hopes to encourage renewed debate within the user organization.
"The strength of IPUG is in its membership debate," Brain tells Inside Market Data. "I'm trying to encourage dialogue and participation."
IPUG, which represents the customers of information providers and currently has nearly 100 member firms, is centered around a series of special interest groups, or SIGs, that focus on specific vendors and issues. Currently these include SIGs for Bloomberg,
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank