Reuters has hit an obstacle in its bid to become a Recognized Market Transparency Organization (RMTO) in Canada. The staff of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada (IDA), as well as Star Data Systems, Bloomberg and Dow Jones Telerate Canada, are recommending that the IDA board of directors reject an application by Reuters to become an RMTO. An open hearing to discuss the proposal was underway in Toronto late last week as IMD went to press.
At the hearing, a subcommittee of the IDA's bo
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership